Dreams of May

 


I close my eyes and dream away,
Of another time, another day,
A summer morn in the month of May.

I hear the laugh of jocund friends,
I yearn to speak and to join in,
The heart conjures visions that
I wish I was; that I wish I am.

I yearn to give my heart a chance,
To delight in the light of day,
But what if this dream is not for me?
What happens if I stumble and sway?

The bitter advice comes flooding in.
Red cautions against the masses:
Warnings of their blathering mouths,
And how they can burn me to ashes.

I open my eyes and smile again,
I listen and nod, though all in vain,
Longing to agree, my heart restrained,
For fear and mind - both still reign!

So instead, I sigh and say,
"Another time, another day - On
A summer morn in the month of May."

Theresa. V

This poem has been in the making for a few days now. It started off as something completely different and ended up as this - a sort of sneak-peek into my mind. I was surprised when I realized that this was something my mind was pondering on and this was a lesson for me. I hope you all have a chance to listen to your mind this month - you might be surprised at what's in there!

Also, I've been MIA for a good month now - due to exams and college work. I hope to be back as soon as finals are done! Hope you have a wonderful season of summer!

❤Tess   


Comments

  1. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful way to talk about the fear that holds us back. All the best Tess keep writing.❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! Hope you enjoy all that is to come!❤

      Delete
    2. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him?

      The human mind, remains beyond
      anyone's comprehension, it's fascinating how pondering on one's thoughts is captivating and gives insights into life's trivia.

      What do you lose to join in?
      A Chance to be yourself.

      This poem's perspective on the superimposing friendly advice and one's own thoughts is truly remarkable.

      And indeed, your mind harbours a wealth of intriguing and surprising thoughts 🌟👍

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to life