To a friend I love


Dear A,

I met you a long long time ago

And though I hesitated to say 'hello' - 

I'm glad we became the best of friends,

And know we'll remain so till the end.


Many a song have we shared,

Happy memories made uncompared.

And when life gave me a nasty squeeze

Your smile never failed to put me at ease.


You taught me to give new things a try

I'll always adore auntie's potato fry!

Your prayers helped me through quite a lot,

For this I thank you from the bottom of my heart.


I hope you remember my cookies and cakes,

My stories may have given you quite a headache...

Thank you for being there when I felt under the weather

I'll always cherish our time together.


I always brushed off the thought

That there'd be a day then we are apart.

I always hoped that day would never come;

Who will I lean on? Will life be fun?


But now I see, I have no choice

But to leave you be - and move on with life

With teary eyes I wish you luck

And hope that forever we'll stay in touch.

Theresa. V   

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to life