A letter to life

 


Life you dastardly fool!

Thievery is all you know.

You stole my love

You stole my hope

And left me a worried brow.


My confidence is yours

My joy is now with you.

My smiles are yours

Glad times are yours

And my delight is yours too.


Oh life you silly fool,

You may have my peaceful sleep

But you forgot my memories

Now, those are mine to keep.


Theresa. V

Heyyo! I'm back after a long loongg break and I cannot fully justify my absence. I have not been journaling or writing as much as I would have liked and I honestly thing that I would be in a better place if I had. But sometimes you just aren't able to do the best things and that is ok...

Over the span of the last few months plans were made, plans failed, huge changes came to be and so many expectations fell to the ground. I won a few battles, I lost a ton but through the whole process I made new friends, met new people, learnt a great deal about myself and am still learning a lot about life. Through all the ups and downs, through all the fear and failure - the only things that have been keeping me going is the many graces and blessings from God, my new friends and all the memories from the past.

In an environment where everything is new and you feel like everything is temporary...There are few things that are permanent - and for now, my memories are one of them. I tried to capture the importance of the need of something permanent in the river of life and I hope that my poem shows how immaterial comfort can be. 

It is inspired by the song "Chor" by Justh - when I first heard it I felt like the 'Chor' was life itself...and that is how this poem came to be. Hope you liked it! Love, Tess 🤍

Comments

  1. Everything that breaths always tends to go through crisis. The WHY part is pretty much a mystery - but one might find value in the path of introspection, philosophy or spiritual exploration.

    Life doesn't always necessarily go as planned - it almost always hurls curveballs at us, and it is we who need to maneuver to the best possible outcome as we go. At times, clinging stubbornly to a single thing can be detrimental, leading to despair.

    During moments of despair, I find solace in the phrase "For every down, there is an up" - it keeps me going, and reminds me, how important that "up" is, and how important it is to savour every bit of it when it lasts.

    Thanks, Tess, for this thought provoking roller-coaster of a poem. And remember, life goes on, offering opportunities to learn and grow with each experience.

    And listen to "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd when comfortably numb :) !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you do much for commenting (and for the song rec!)...I had forgotten what it felt like to write, to share one's thoughts and receive nuggets of wisdom and thoughts from others. Comments like yours always remind me of why I like writing and sharing - To connect to others, to learn from a community and gain a tiny glimpse into the plethora lives this world holds.
      I had never listened to Pink Floyd before - and I found the lyrics so poetic...it felt like I was at the end of an episode of a series...just sitting down with headphones on, listening to a song that perfectly fit the mood and the situation recommended by someone on the internet. Perfect close to the episode, but sets the scene for the next episode...maybe life will go up, maybe the next episode is a tragedy...but at this moment, I'm comfortably numb (in a good way tho) :)

      🤍Tess

      Delete

Post a Comment