Musings on death

 


Are we to die alone and still
    on our cold, hard beds?
When we go will we live on in 
    another's head?
Will tears be shed? Will joy be heard?
Will my story be read?
Will you remember me fondly? Will sorrowful 
    epitaphs be said?

Theresa. V

Death can be a scary topic to ponder on - the fear of what is to come, what we leave behind and the total abandonment of our entire life. 

This poem has got to be the quickest one I've created! It literally felt like the words were already in my head. This is the only poem that hasn't been revised in any way - Not sure if that's a good thing though.

Hope you like it!

❤Tess.

Comments

  1. Don't leave me Tess!!! 😒

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. πŸ˜‚Chill chill - I'll stick around for some more time!

      Delete
  2. My my !! Make me wanna re-think 'bout lot'a things in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the goal! Hope some of those thoughts are our time together!❤πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  3. Whoaa... that hits hard! Clearly wasn't prepared for this😬

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to life