THE VOICE OF GREED

 

Raid the houses,
Plunder the land!
Kings will dance 
In the palm of my hand!

Beg on your knees, 
Off with his head!
Search no more
Morality lies dead!

Ah! how I rule
With dire power...
Souls and minds 
All mine to devour!

Hope lies in rags
Peace quakes in fear
Yet I reign - 
For man holds me so dear.

Theresa. V

This poem is my personification of greed. I have been trying to play around with rhyme scheme and syllables and I hope my effort has paid off! Its short but packed with a lot of metaphor and while stanza 3 is still a work in progress, I'm really excited to share this with you!

It started off in class when I was extremely bored and trying my best to stay awake and now is this... its short - but something I hope to develop!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to life