I am Israel

 

I've always wondered how I could be part of God's people. Geographically speaking - I'm not a part of "Israel". And I must admit - I've always wondered if all of us joining "God's group" was part of the plan. I know that all God wants is for us to be with him and to know him, but I have always wondered nonetheless. I mean, why didn't God choose another people? Why not just have separate events in different countries bringing us all to him? He didn't do that - so there might be a possibility that I don't belong...? 
I believe that God's plan is something that I cannot comprehend and that people born into/ joining Christ is not by chance or by their own doing - it's because God initiated it. So that means - that he wanted me to be among the people of Christ.
While I don't have definite proof for this, I had a small 'aha!' moment recently while reading the book of Judges. The Israelites keep sinning again and again and God keeps saving them and helping them and keeps forgiving them. And if that is not my story - I don't know what is.
I keep falling into sin, realizing that I was wrong - asking God for forgiveness and mercy and he showers me with help, grace and blessings. And the cycle repeats. But through it all, I become a sliver better than my past self and a little closer to God than I was - and I hope that one day I can be better.
I may not be part of God's initially chosen people - but I am exactly like them. I sin, I pray, I fall again and again and God picks me up. I am Israel - because
If not for God - I would be a lost cause.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to life