A WARRIOR OUTSIDE, A CHILD WITHIN

To Mother divine

I stand before all - scarred with sin;

My soul is bruised and stained within.

I stand before all - clothed in shame

And raise my eyes to you sweet dame.


I turn to you - O Mother divine;

Your smile is loving, sweet and fine.

I show you the wrongs that I have done;

You show me Jesus - your loving Son.


I stand before all - scarred and frayed;

No spear or sword or shield or blade.

I kneel before you hopeful still;

To give you my heart and my will.


You I choose to be my Queen;

To you I give what is and has been.

My body, my soul, my every deed,

To offer to God for those in need.


Theresa.V

Inspired by the words of St. deMontford in the 33 Days to morning glory consecration ("In the presence of all the heavenly court, I choose you this day for my Mother and Queen.")

It felt like I was soldier (a prayer soldier) and I was accepting my duties of prayer & obedience of God's word whilst telling Mary that she was going to be mentor and guide. "The queen who I had to help to serve God".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to life